What's new

Silver Hallmark

nathan104

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
403
Reaction score
316
Golden Thread
0
Location
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This silver hallmark has be baffled. This is on a large serving platter. It came from my MIL's family which were VERY well off.

On the bottom of the little shield it says "Virtue Alone Ennobles" Im not sure if the three symbols on top of the little shield are letter or what( actually it looks like the middle symbol is part of the coat of arms and is a wolf? head with an arrow through it). On the shield the three larger symbols look like wolf heads and the three smaller symbols in the middle V of the shield look like lions. Any help is appreciated!


Hopefully one of these will be clear enough.

42412626_282392709036928_4814054071277191168_n.jpg

42458307_2241864932710389_2706967335180173312_n.jpg

42507595_2009790372592895_6586709321990537216_n.jpg

42377474_534203413696066_6928012875306893312_n.jpg

42397506_2018437358282587_6926384618845241344_n.jpg

42408798_1885125391564435_5331763145599877120_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
I wish I could know and maintain just a fraction of what you know!! :occasion14:

Added....Retain..Not "maintain"! I can't even remember words!!!!

I'll tell you both my secrets to success:

1. Only answer questions you know the answer to. All the stuff I don't know is all the stuff I don't answer - that's a lot of stuff I don't know but nobody notices the stuff you don't answer, just the stuff you do.

2. I keep a cork in my left ear and walk around with my head tilted to the left. That keeps all the stuff I do know from running out. I look funny that way but as long as I stick to posting on internet forums nobody notices the cork/tilt thing.

:thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I'll tell you both my secrets to success:

1. Only answer questions you know the answer to. All the stuff I don't know is all the stuff I don't answer - that's a lot of stuff I don't know but nobody notices the stuff you don't answer, just the stuff you do.

2. I keep a cork in my left ear and walk around with my head tilted to the left. That keeps all the stuff I do know from running out. I look funny that way but as long as I stick to posting on internet forums nobody notices the cork/tilt thing.

:thumbsup:

Hey! I also see what you did there to help me out! Now, I can use "maintain" or "retain" and still be correct!!! You covered that one up for me!:laughing7::icon_thumright:
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom