Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out for a few days. Saturday was great, light snow and wind chill of 22 degrees. I sometimes question my sanity. Did find a few keepers. The silver ring says Made in Siam on the inside. They stopped using the name Siam in 1948 or 49. Musket ball appears to be about 50 caliber. Found a load of wheaties, mostly from the teens and 20's although one was a 1909, but no mintmark. Also found a 1943 steel cent.

20150331_114124.jpg

20150331_114152.jpg

20150331_114101.jpg

20150331_114301.jpg

20150331_114045.jpg

20150331_114313.jpg

Upvote 9
Very well done Don. Lots of keepers from my perspective! Congrats. GL&HH.

Great hunt!, love all them wheats! Nice silvers and ring too!

Nice finds Don !!! I also got out on Saturday and it was cold!!! Sunday was a lot nicer. Congrats!

Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us .

I'm amazed that you can go somewhere /anywhere and find that many good old coins in one hunt !

As I said at the beginning of my post, I got out a few days. One for 2 hours and a couple for 3 hours. Although I do have some days where I find more than this in one hunt, not this time. I feel satisfied if I can come home with some silver or a couple of Indians. I've had some lucky times where I've brought home a lot more like when I found a seated half dollar and seated quarter in the same hole, half real and draped bust large cent in the same hunt. Last year I had one hunt where I brought home a 1788 2 real (my avatar) and a rare date 1804 large cent. Unfortunately there are times when I bring home no silver and no Indians. To find 10-20 wheaties in an outing doesn't excite me anymore after 35 years detecting. I just went out for about 45 minutes before the snow mixed with rain got to be a pain. Found 6 wheaties and 5 nickels. Shows me there's hope for silver and some people don't work a site as slowly as I do and miss things. We all have those good days and bad. I'm just lucky to be in the northeast where there are lots of old coins still in the ground. HH

I thought the weather at the park on Sat. was great,it kept the mobs that are always there away and I had my LJ's on co I wasn't cold.:laughing7:

Wow! Great finds, I always like finding the Indian heads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back