Silver, Indians, button...not a bad day!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The snow melted, and the ground ain't frozen yet, so I got out for a bit today. I switched from 8khz to 12khz and it seemed to be working. The ground being saturated helped too I imagine. I was really happy to find the IH cents, puts my year total to eight. I typically only find four per season so that's cool. The quarter is a silver 1958.

My fav find of the day is the Soo Line railroad button cover. Thanks for looking. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446945243.024729.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446945275.526244.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446945301.296836.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446945346.271663.jpg

Upvote 9

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad at all, love finding Indians and silver always makes the day great

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Hunt Mike.
I know its not easy for you to find IHs. 12khz is my favorite freq. And silver is always nice.
Dont say SNOW!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on getting out and taking advantage of the melt. :occasion14: That 1902 Indian has some good detail. :thumbsup: Are any of those pipes made of lead? I like all your notables and that gear in the other pic. When the ground freezes here I plan on putting some display frames together, gears like that are great for picture framed displays since they are thin.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Hunt Mike.
I know its not easy for you to find IHs. 12khz is my favorite freq. And silver is always nice.
Dont say SNOW!!!

I was using the 8khz for over a month, but I'm finding the 12khz hits really hard on good targets, and deep too!

I feel dorky getting all excited over IH cents, but they really make me happy haha, especially when I find them in Canada.

As for snow...for some reason this weekend got warm! Seeing as this is probably the last decent weekend, I convinced my wife to let me go beeping Saturday AND Sunday, so I'll be back at it tomorrow.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting out and taking advantage of the melt. :occasion14: That 1902 Indian has some good detail. :thumbsup: Are any of those pipes made of lead? I like all your notables and that gear in the other pic. When the ground freezes here I plan on putting some display frames together, gears like that are great for picture framed displays since they are thin.

Pretty sure the pipes are copper, not sure what they're from. My sis in law is into steampunk so she has asked me to save any little gears and such for her, but using them to embellish like you said sounds pretty cool.

I have 6 years worth of finds that I need to DO something with haha...this winter I'm going to try to make some displays too.

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love that quarter. Would love to find one! :thumbsup:

(I often wondered with such a short season you guys have--you probably have 3 x as much coins in the ground than those in South Eastern USA.)

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunting. I love the bird piece.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love that quarter. Would love to find one! :thumbsup:

(I often wondered with such a short season you guys have--you probably have 3 x as much coins in the ground than those in South Eastern USA.)

Thanks Coil. Usually I've got seven months to dig, wish it was longer. I'm in Saskatchewan, it's twice the size of Texas yet we have only one million people in the province. You guys can dig all year long and I'll bet there are still more coins in your dirt due to more population.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread