silver jewelry, locket and other stuff

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Went to an historic house nearby for a couple of hours of detecting late this afternoon. A few cool finds below including a sterling silver "flower" (perhaps an earing where the clamp fell off the back). A silver locket (about the size of a thumb) that unfortunately was empty when I pried it open, was hoping for a coin, photo or something in there. And, the rectangular item has the writing "Musterole" on it (but written backwards). I looked it up and it was like Vick's for colds back in the old days. Any ideas why it would be written backwards? The other item is a thin metal plate with bells cut out (I don't think it's a buckle, but some type of other thing). Ideas?

Attachments

• finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 388
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Intresting Finds Bergie.

I'm glad your Weather isn't Holding you back.

Jeff

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds Bergie!!!

8)

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 probe
"And, the rectangular item has the writing "Musterole" on it (but written backwards). I looked it up and it was like Vick's for colds back in the old days. Any ideas why it would be written backwards?"

Is it inside out?

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Some nice relic digs.I bet that old locket had you going for a bit until you got it open.You just never know what treasures they may hold inside.Looks like that old house yard would be worth a return hunt.Good luck to ya! HH!

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool digs Bergie...you always post interesting stuff, nice picture quality too, thanks for sharing. Rained all day here in Kentucky :(

Good Job/HH/NS ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread