What's new

Silver pin or button (?) with Mayflower 1620 pic and writing on it (age)??

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2008
Messages
1,601
Reaction score
220
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 900
I found this silver item in a old town, not sure what it is and how old ?? I did find some wheat's(oldest 1910) and a barber dime (1899) near by. Thanks in advance for any information on Id or age on it.

TommNJ
 

Attachments

  • mayflower pin frnt.webp
    mayflower pin frnt.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 447
  • mayflower pin frnt.webp
    mayflower pin frnt.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 347
  • mayflower back.webp
    mayflower back.webp
    67.5 KB · Views: 389
It's the end piece to an 1886 Americas Cup sterling yacht pin/brooch Tussy Mussy made by the Howard Silver Co. Extremely nice find, Breezie
 

Attachments

  • MayFlowerPin.webp
    MayFlowerPin.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 384
Upvote 0
It's pretty close to the broach, but the top has clipped corners and it doesn't seem to have any break apparant on the side. Button?
 
Upvote 0
Charlie P. (NY) said:
It's pretty close to the broach, but the top has clipped corners and it doesn't seem to have any break apparant on the side. Button?

Charlie, you're right; I didn't notice the corners. It's the 1886 Americas Cup sterling yacht CUFF LINK. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
It's the end piece to an 1886 Americas Cup sterling yacht pin/brooch Tussy Mussy made by the Howard Silver Co. Extremely nice find, Breezie
I think your right first time Breezie :P, the clipped corners look to have been done at a later date, perhaps to use some of the silver, for something else :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
Breezie said:
It's the end piece to an 1886 Americas Cup sterling yacht pin/brooch Tussy Mussy made by the Howard Silver Co. Extremely nice find, Breezie
I think your right first time Breezie :P, the clipped corners look to have been done at a later date, perhaps to use some of the silver, for something else :icon_thumleft:

SS

Good Morning SS, well, it's probably afternoon over the big pond. ;D I hope you et al are doing well. :thumbsup: I'm thinking there were several kinds of jewelry made for the occasion. . . .so whether the corners were clipped originally or later and whether it was from the Tussy Mussy or cuff links or whatever, it's still represents the silver 1886 Americas Cup. I've posted a pic of the cuff links I found on the Internet, but it's small. Breezie
 

Attachments

  • Cufflinks.webp
    Cufflinks.webp
    4.9 KB · Views: 421
Upvote 0
Wow, what a quick and pretty exact ID (very impressive) ! Thank you Breezie and everyone, :icon_thumright:.

TommNJ
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom