What's new

Silver plated button

boondocker

Full Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
236
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac
Whites XLT
Found this on Sunday, just wondering how old it is and if it is military or civilian ??? Thanks Dean
 

Attachments

  • P4270066.webp
    P4270066.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 273
  • P4270068.webp
    P4270068.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 241
  • P4270069.webp
    P4270069.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 248
Civilian, but they are always good for the rush seeing them in the dirt! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
boondocker said:
Ya got that right IP, I thought I had a nice silver coin :laughing9: any idea on a time period?


Maybe 1820s or so. This Spring has been really bad for my bud Iromhorse hittng silver buttons that had him thinking coins. Happened 3 different times (at least).... and even once today for me. but mine was modern junk.
 
Upvote 0
It looks like 1-piece low convex plain button that were quite common in early-mid-19th century. It might well be manufactured by Firmin of London. They used to specialize in plain silver plated/gilt buttons among some other things. If you can clean the backmarks on this button, you can find its maker and date it more precisely.
 
Upvote 0
boondocker said:
Ya got that right IP, I thought I had a nice silver coin :laughing9: any idea on a time period?

I still believe these to be some kinda chrome & not silver at all, but as you say heart stopper in the ground.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
boondocker said:
Ya got that right IP, I thought I had a nice silver coin :laughing9: any idea on a time period?

I still believe these to be some kinda chrome & not silver at all, but as you say heart stopper in the ground.


Yeah but we'll always call them silver because there's no better name for them.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
boondocker said:
Ya got that right IP, I thought I had a nice silver coin :laughing9: any idea on a time period?

I still believe these to be some kinda chrome & not silver at all, but as you say heart stopper in the ground.


Yeah but we'll always call them silver because there's no better name for them.

silver type/silver look :D
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Hat Button help
Replies
3
Views
545

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom