What's new

Silver premiums are off the hook

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
I was looking at the below site, which lists dealer costs (when they buy from other dealers). I have not checked it out in a while. Looks like dealers are having to pay a $3.50 premium for ASEs themselves. That is craaaazy.

There has to be a shortage with premiums like that. Whether shortage means people not selling because they want to hoard it, industry is using it up or that space aliens took it or whatever, I have never seen premiums like that in this current bull market.

http://coininfo.com/

Jim
 
Upvote 0
Went to one of my local shops about Engelhard one and ten ozs. They wanted 15.50 per ounce. Last week they were 2.25 or so over spot, today 3 bucks!!!! I passed on the Engelhards and instead I got a couple of generic bars (strategic reserve stockpile bars from the 80's) for 13.50 and called it a day.

Jim
 
My local bumped everything to $3 over- including "happy anniversary" bars. I was afraid to ask what the prem was on SAE's or Maples. Soon he'll want a buck to window shop. I haven't been there for a week or two cause I know he has a waiting list for when some silver does come in (100oz-10oz) and no I didn't add my name to the list. HH Mark
 
I've shopped several stores around my area and nobody has bars except for one guy who wants $5 OVER SPOT, totally ridiculous.


JCH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom