DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a spot today that I've been wanting to hunt for about 30 years. Please don't wait to hunt a spot because someone could beat you to it. I'm lucky I guess that nobody thought to hunt there. I found a silver walker close to there in 1977 or 78. It's a boat launch/swimming area and it's been there for a long time. Anyway, I got there early and hit it hard. I found a 1952 Washington quarter and a no date buffalo in the same hole. They were around 5" deep right under some small tree roots. I included a pic of the tree where I found them. I also found 3 wheat's in the same hole about 5' away from there and 4 more close by. The oldest was 1942 and newest was 1955. I guess I found around $5 in change for the day. I also hunted the swimming area now that the lake has been lowered for the winter. I usually find a ring or two there but no luck today. I went to a spot hoping to find an arrowhead but I ended up with 2 broken ones and I picked up some small pieces of flint to post just to let someone who might be interested in hunting arrowheads see what signs to look for when they go the first time. I found a piece of aluminum about 2 1/2" long that I have no clue as to what it is. it has a hole through it and I can make out some writing. I think it says COCHIA, made in USA. I better end this I guess.

You all have a good one

DANGLANGLEY

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 360
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 360
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 365
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 365
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 356
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 356
Upvote 0

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
excellent finds DANGLANGLEY big congrats ;)

OP
OP
DANGLANGLEY

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tymcmurray said:
Did you polish that quarter?
Great finds.

honestly, after I cleaned it up I used a little tooth paste to shine it up. I just smoothed it on and waited a little bit and rinsed it off.

Thanks for the compliment

DANGLANGLEY

Old_Okie

Jun 14, 2007
I think your aluminum piece may actually be a magnesium fire starter block. One maker is Coghlan. Shave off a bit and it lights quick & burns hot. One possibility anyway.

Old_Okie

OP
OP
DANGLANGLEY

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old_Okie said:
I think your aluminum piece may actually be a magnesium fire starter block. One maker is Coghlan. Shave off a bit and it lights quick & burns hot. One possibility anyway.

Old_Okie

WOW, thank you very much. You are right on the money. It does burn very quick and hot. I just can't understand how I got to be 47 1/2 and I never saw one of them. I hope you have a good day.

DANGLANGLEY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread