What's new

Silver ring monster

Russcan07

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2015
Messages
31
Reaction score
110
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montreal
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20151121_183359.webpIMG_20151121_183645.webp PARC JEANNE-MANCE. Sorry, that is not golden....:unhappysmiley: How to identify a hallmark of lying $ ...?
 
Last edited:
Upvote 24
that is one big A$$ ring
 
The "$" may mean it was made from recycled silver US coins with extra silver added to bring it from 90% to standard 92.5% sterling purity. I have a piece with that same mark and this is what I always assumed was the case with that one. It was a common practice back in the day to make jewelry from recycled silver coins.
 
Thank you very Miner!
 
Russcan,

That's one honker of a silver ring....any idea as to weight?

Regards + HH

Bill
 
love it !! an official honker
 
Great silver ring, RC07! I will begin the guessing game on its weight with 13 grams. That is a beauty, congrats. Sub 8-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom