What's new

Silver shoe buckle Hallmark ID

thebmasur

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
95
Reaction score
172
Golden Thread
0
Location
Finger Lakes New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this silver shoe buckle for Christmas and am very curious about the hallmark on it. I wasn’t able to identify it and was hoping someone on here might have seen this mark before. It appears to be an “A” and “T” separated by a pear. I can provide more pics if needed! Thank you! IMG_9848.webpIMG_9850.webpIMG_9849.webp
 
Yeah I suspect that is another marking as both places stamped with AT have a small mark like that near it. I hadn’t thought of French that’s good to know I’ll look into that. I’ll try and make out what the very small stamp is
Some times you need to clean out those tiny hallmarks with liquid dish soap and water and scrub it out with a soft tooth brush in order to make out what the are. You might see tiny little images like these.
 

Attachments

  • 2bf68a730d0cd0519d8bbfbdacf13ada.webp
    2bf68a730d0cd0519d8bbfbdacf13ada.webp
    101.1 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0
That diamond shaped cartouche leads me to believe it's French and it is made in the style of French Rococo imo, https://www.925-1000.com/Ffrench_makers_A.html but I cannot find the initials A T. Also is this a little stamp mark that I've highlighted anything? Look closely at it with a loop as the French used tiny little relief images that indicate the grade of metal.

I agree. And that little unknown mark def looks like a french small guarantee mark
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom