Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this this past summer, and while it says St. Louis Expo on it, I assume its from one of the World's fairs, however it also has the centenial of the Louisiana Purchase on the sides..1803-1904...Can anyone tell me more about this ring?
Face has a portrait of someone on it (dont; know who), above which says St. Louis, under it says Exposition, to the left of the portrait is Louisiana 1803, directly to the left of the portrait is a star surrouded by 13 smaller stars all inside a double cirlce with 4 x's at each..12:00, 9:00, 6:00 and 3:00. to the right is a logo that looks similiar to the boy scouts logo and then Purchase 1904. Inside the band are 3 hallmarks which I think show clearly in the pics,(at least one came out not too fuzzy, but the left hall mark is a lion, center one is an anchor, an the third on looks liek calligraphy, a c?) and to the left of that it says "Gorham Patent", to the right it says "Sterling, AP'D for" then outside this area to the right is the number 11.
Someday I will be able to consistently take clear pics, but seems that day isn;t today...may have to break down and buy a scanner.
Thanks.
MD

Attachments

• St. Louis expo.JPG
    St. Louis expo.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 232
  • side ring.JPG
    side ring.JPG
    6.3 KB · Views: 234
  • halmmarks.JPG
    halmmarks.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 224

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD,

Unique looking ring...hopefully PBK or someone can ID it for you.

Awesome find!!

;) RR

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spitfire...thats the ring, except the one I have isn;t adjustable, the band is solid...not sure if that means they made two different styles or that whoever had this one had it sized by a jeweler. I can;t see any indication of where it may have been "fixed" but I am no expert and I would expect a good jeweler would be able to do that without someone like me being able to tell.
Thanks for passing that along, I appreciate it!!!
MD

Upvote 0

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
It was adjustable because it came like the pic below.It was taken to a jeweler and they sized it to that persons finger.I guess jewelers back then were great craftmen to cover such work. ;D

Attachments

• LPE05110.JPG
    LPE05110.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spitfire...yes that makes sense and the pic shows it clearly...well I now know ALOT more about the ring than I did an hour ago, thanks to you...You did well and I appreciate it...thanks...:):)

Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Reddie. You are tops!!.

;) RR

Upvote 0

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Mainedigger said:
Spitfire...yes that makes sense and the pic shows it clearly...well I now know ALOT more about the ring than I did an hour ago, thanks to you...You did well and I appreciate it...thanks...:):)

River Rat said:
Thanks, Reddie. You are tops!!.

;) RR
Ahhhhhhh.......shucks it weren't nothin' ;D Glad i could help like my hero PBK !!!! ;D ;D

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Nice one, Mainedigger! Listed as #24-500 in Hendershott's 1904 St. Louis World's Fair Mementos and Memorabilia: "Value range, $100-200."

You rule, Reddie!
So, where do I sign up for your correspondence course? :D

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread