Silver Treasure and then Diving Disaster. But I am Alive!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got a dive in this morning. Not a bad morning. Got a silver ring, then a 1893 O Barber quarter in pretty good shape, and then a first out of here. A 1907 indian head penny. Also got a 1925 wheat and a 46 wheat and a 1947 rosey.

I went up to change tanks and as I was walking back to the water my high pressure hose blew on my regulator. Having an air hose blow that was holding 3500 PSI is enough to scare anyone! Sure made me jump almost out of my wetsuit!

No extra hose with me. That one had a lifetime warranty so I thought it was good for a few years. Well it lasted two years.

The picture of the big brass thing has a broken front glass. I thought it was a clock but there are no winding knobs, just a hanging loop. Guessing it was a barometer or something hanging in a ship. Right now it is full of clay.

Got an extra hose here. Will get set up for tomorrow, hopefully.

Upvote 21

Indiana Mark

Jul 28, 2016
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know I would have jumped out of that wet suit when that hose let loose! At least it didn't happen under water at any great depth.. Nice finds! Love finding barbers and Indians.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, and glad you're OK! :occasion14:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the silver and relics.
Seen a hose become detached last summer while a guy came up from doing his certification.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
methinks they mean your lifetime, :dontknow: ???

which can be dramatically shortened by the failure of their product :sadsmiley: :sad11: :angry7: :sad11:

glad ya got the loot, now grow some :cussing: :cussing: :censored: GILLS :laughing7: :laughing7:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You would think I would grow gills with all the time I spend in the water. Got my gear all repaired and ready to go for tomorrow. Hitting the river early and hard. Somewhere there has to be the ends of the slides that went out there. Probably in 10' of water and 3' or more of muck in the hole that would have been made at the bottom of them. Not going to give up. They are out there somewhere.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the finds once again. Fortunately you were still on shore for the misadventure. Good luck today.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
diver.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE FINDS ScubaDetector :..
Thanks for sharing!