What's new

Silver umax question

pristinelove89

Full Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2013
Messages
127
Reaction score
33
Golden Thread
0
I currently have the silver umax stock coil. Is there one smaller that works well in trashy areas?
 
There are three: The 5.75" the 4" and the 7" widescan. For super heavy trash, the 4" is great if you don't mind the small coverage and limited depth. Most prefer the 5.75" which does quite well and works decently as a most used coil as well. The 7" isn't offered as a concentric anymore, but they show up from time to time on Ebay etc. I've used all of them and think you'd probably be best served with the 5.75" although I personally use the 7" concentric for much of my hunting. IMHO you'll find a smaller coil will be much more useful that an extra large coil.
luvdux
 
The 7 inch concentric is just below the stock coil. How much of a difference does it make? Is it easier to navigate through the trash?
 
The widescan (double d) is best for target separation over a concentric. 5.75 widescan is as small as I've ever used or needed
 
Maybe i will look into the 5.75 coil. Sounds like a winner to me.
 
The 7" is a bit better in trash, but a person with the 5.75 and the 8" standard, really doesn't need a 7" IMHO.
luvsdux
 
I know this sounds stupid, but what does IMHO stand for?
 
In My Humble Opinion
 
Ah, now I can understand what people are saying! Hah, I have so much to learn.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom