Mirage
Silver Member
Finds from the last 4 outings:
About a week ago Nate was running cross country so I did a little solo detecting. Didn’t find much but when I came home Nate was like “You are going with out me! And you had my detector in the car so I couldn’t even do any!” So I said let’s go now. Of coarse we both dropped everything, forgot about eating and went off to the closest decent spot. A storm was moving in and it was already raining but we had to get some detecting in. Five minutes into the hunt the first signal I dig is a wheat penny. I was surprised cause we have pounded this place. I turned down the sensitivity on my Exp II to 22. I was getting too much falsing and wanted to be able to distinguish nickel signals. I dug some stuff(don’t remember what) but then got a good nickel signal. Down at 7 inches was the Silver War Nickel.
It has been a long time since I have found one of those so I was happy. Had to call it quits shortly after that since the rain was very steady and hard.
Next day we go back. I had put the Exp II with all the wet gear in the trunk of the car. When I went to grab the detector out of the trunk of the car I noticed everything was still wet. Well when I powered up the Exp II it went wacky(constant low falsing). Couldn’t get it to work. I got a little worried but just grabbed the spare detector and headed out. Well about as soon as I got back Nate asked me to check a signal. Couldn’t pick it up with the Classic III – even with no discrimination. He then pops out 4 silver rosies.
Now I was bumming that my Explorer was out of commission.
About 45 minutes later he comes over to show me the 1926 Gold class ring he found. Crap – he is smoking me.
Go back to the car to see if my baking the Exp in the car oven trick worked. Yep. Sweet, now I can get serious. Only had about a half hour left but managed to find a few wheats and the ’63 Rosie. Not much but love to see that silver. Also saved a little face. 
Next time we went back I found another Rosie and the Merc(1940-S). Again, very happy since this place has been pounded so much.
Some of the other stuff – pieces of a silver braclet, lead block, Angel with bow ?, little silver ring, dog tag, wheats, etc. One of the wheats was a 1927D which I needed for my book.
HH all.
Mirage
About a week ago Nate was running cross country so I did a little solo detecting. Didn’t find much but when I came home Nate was like “You are going with out me! And you had my detector in the car so I couldn’t even do any!” So I said let’s go now. Of coarse we both dropped everything, forgot about eating and went off to the closest decent spot. A storm was moving in and it was already raining but we had to get some detecting in. Five minutes into the hunt the first signal I dig is a wheat penny. I was surprised cause we have pounded this place. I turned down the sensitivity on my Exp II to 22. I was getting too much falsing and wanted to be able to distinguish nickel signals. I dug some stuff(don’t remember what) but then got a good nickel signal. Down at 7 inches was the Silver War Nickel.
It has been a long time since I have found one of those so I was happy. Had to call it quits shortly after that since the rain was very steady and hard.
Next day we go back. I had put the Exp II with all the wet gear in the trunk of the car. When I went to grab the detector out of the trunk of the car I noticed everything was still wet. Well when I powered up the Exp II it went wacky(constant low falsing). Couldn’t get it to work. I got a little worried but just grabbed the spare detector and headed out. Well about as soon as I got back Nate asked me to check a signal. Couldn’t pick it up with the Classic III – even with no discrimination. He then pops out 4 silver rosies.
Now I was bumming that my Explorer was out of commission. About 45 minutes later he comes over to show me the 1926 Gold class ring he found. Crap – he is smoking me.
Go back to the car to see if my baking the Exp in the car oven trick worked. Yep. Sweet, now I can get serious. Only had about a half hour left but managed to find a few wheats and the ’63 Rosie. Not much but love to see that silver. Also saved a little face. 
Next time we went back I found another Rosie and the Merc(1940-S). Again, very happy since this place has been pounded so much.
Some of the other stuff – pieces of a silver braclet, lead block, Angel with bow ?, little silver ring, dog tag, wheats, etc. One of the wheats was a 1927D which I needed for my book.
HH all.
Mirage
Upvote
0







