connorghabra
Jr. Member
Found this Simpson Nickel Silver spoon detecting a stone-stacked dam built in the early to mid 1800s. The waterfall from the dam was a trickle, so the area where it fed to was nothing but a stream and nearly dried up. There was an approximately 3ft H x 4ft W boulder positioned 20 feet in front of the dam, closer to the right bank. Swung my detector by the base of it and pulled out this spoon about 6" down nestled against the base of the rock with mud and some tiny other rocks keeping it in place for such a long time. The rock was positioned in a perfect spot for someone to have lunch with a beautiful view of the dam, so I could totally see someone losing this after eating their lunch while sitting on that rock.
Apparently the stamp was used between 1871 and 1898 by the Simpson Nickel Silver Company. The oldest spoon I've found so far, so I'm super excited!
Thanks for looking!
Apparently the stamp was used between 1871 and 1898 by the Simpson Nickel Silver Company. The oldest spoon I've found so far, so I'm super excited!
Thanks for looking!
Attachments
Upvote
5







