What's new

Skunk, but.....

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Box (of halves for the year) # 203 was a another skunk, but while dumping the rejects, pulled a few coins from the reject tray:

* '76 Ike
* A Whitman plastic toy penny
* Some kind of Texas Centennial (1836 - 1936) token ("Heads you win" "Tails you lose" "Lucky Coin") I'm not photo enabled, but did find a link with a photo and some info:

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cach...u+lose"+"Lucky+Coin"&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

(It's C4 once you open the link)

So, not a total skunk, did pick up two more boxes and we'll see which way the roller coaster goes.
 
Upvote 0
Hang in there Mike and I know you will. I sure hope #204 & #205 are monster boxes for you. They are just oiling the tracks for you now....get ready!!

I have always said that you have the right attitude for this hobby.

An Ike in the reject tray?? ???
 
lejeuene said:
An Ike in the reject tray?? ???

I have found 3 or 4 Ikes left in the machine. As far as I know, no coin machines around me will take them.
 
GMan00001 said:
lejeuene said:
An Ike in the reject tray?? ???

I have found 3 or 4 Ikes left in the machine. As far as I know, no coin machines around me will take them.

There are no machines in my area that take them either. I guess if you don't know they don't take them, but darn....seems like you would hear that baby hit the bottom of the reject tray....lol.
 
lejeuene said:
GMan00001 said:
lejeuene said:
An Ike in the reject tray?? ???

I have found 3 or 4 Ikes left in the machine. As far as I know, no coin machines around me will take them.

There are no machines in my area that take them either. I guess if you don't know they don't take them, but darn....seems like you would hear that baby hit the bottom of the reject tray....lol.
That's funny LJ, I was thinking the same thing, that you would almost have to be deaf to not hear an Ike hit the reject tray! On the other hand, all of the Mexican coins I find in the reject tray must land rather softly. Starting to find a bunch of those! Gpurs
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom