- Joined
- Mar 2, 2018
- Messages
- 9,199
- Reaction score
- 33,149
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Todds Point, IL
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
- #1
Thread Owner
I never knapped slabs much. I didn’t have a rock saw until fairly recently. I tried a few slabs in the past but never had enough of them to get good at it. I cut some Harrison Co flint on my saw and tried to work a slab yesterday.
First step is to send flakes across the face to remove flat saw marks.
I made it that far then I broke them end off. My fault. Bad strike up too high. I salvaged what was left of the preform.
This is what I ended up with. Better luck next time!
First step is to send flakes across the face to remove flat saw marks.
I made it that far then I broke them end off. My fault. Bad strike up too high. I salvaged what was left of the preform.
This is what I ended up with. Better luck next time!







