What's new

Slow but steady

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Box of halves # 190 only offered up an 80P stamped "1960 - 1985"

$14.50 from the coin counter of one of "my" banks did give up a 66.

Box # 191 delivered a 66, 67x2, 68d, 69d, 02P, a nicely gold-plated 84P (stamped "1960 - 1985").......................and a 94 (CuNi) proof.................that I didn't have yet !

That's also the 100th "circulated" proof half I've found since I got back into CRHing in mid December.

Good luck all.
 
Upvote 0
I need to stop just edge hunting my halves...I've got ZERO proofs.... ;D I'm going to start having my son check them.....
 
Congrats on the milestone of the 100th proof Thurm. That is alot of proofs!!

Also kudos on the silver........your flirting with box 200.....phew!!!!
 
Box #192 (of halves for the year) gave me a 65, 66, 67, 68d & 05p.

Box #193 was not as kind; only producing an 05p.

These ARE the dog days of Summer....................bring on the next boxes.
 
killerwine said:
I need to stop just edge hunting my halves...I've got ZERO proofs.... ;D I'm going to start having my son check them.....
Killer,I was curious when you wrote that you have zero circulated proofs,why do you want them?

Do you have a market for them/way to sell for more than $.5?I used to save them years ago until I realized no dealer would buy them and that I had a lot of them tied up in funds I could better use for more hunting!

I also realized this about the post '02's that everybody on here seems to go crazy over finding ???.

I don't know if TXTim saves all he finds or just reports them in his Sig line,but he has already found over 11 1/4 rolls this year!That's over $112.50 that he would not have to search with if he kept them all.And dealers won't buy them.
 
I actually wasn't that concerned about missing the "impaired proofs" as I was missing silver...Based on Lejeunene's post awhile back where all/most of her coins looked like clad on edge but had quite a bit of silver...If I had been edge searching those coins I would have missed them all!!!
 
OK, very slow, but steady.

Box # 194 produced an 05p, 05d & an 83p (gold-plated) and stamped "1960 - 1980").

Box # 195 only gave up a 68d.

Oh well, should have two (or four) boxes to pick up tomorrow.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom