mindcrime1988
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Apr 17, 2011
- Messages
- 1,734
- Reaction score
- 2,760
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Colorado Springs
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, Nokta Triple Score, BlissTool & Pulsedive
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
- #1
Thread Owner
I went to a state park which has a nice lake with a beach & swimming. After hopping in the water with high hopes and starting to detect, I only found a few junk jewelry pieces and two modern coins. Obviously, somebody else is detecting at this location or nobody is losing their stuff. 
So on day two I visited a creek area which is known for picnics and swimming going back into the 1800s. I did fairly well staying in the creek the entire time and should be going back to the picnic area once cooler temperatures knocks the vegetation back down to a manageable place to detect.
1865 Indian cent
1935 Mercury dime
1977 Radio Shack token
Some wheat cents which have seen better days
A sweet monogram gold ring (no visible karat marks although there is a small palm tree mark on the inside which I'm still researching to see what it means)

So on day two I visited a creek area which is known for picnics and swimming going back into the 1800s. I did fairly well staying in the creek the entire time and should be going back to the picnic area once cooler temperatures knocks the vegetation back down to a manageable place to detect.
1865 Indian cent
1935 Mercury dime
1977 Radio Shack token
Some wheat cents which have seen better days
A sweet monogram gold ring (no visible karat marks although there is a small palm tree mark on the inside which I'm still researching to see what it means)
Attachments
-
Junk jewelry.webp577 KB · Views: 63 -
1865 Indian Head cent.webp125.3 KB · Views: 63 -
1935 Mercury dime.webp121.8 KB · Views: 47 -
Radio Shack Token.webp268.2 KB · Views: 54 -
Radio Shack Token 1.webp224.1 KB · Views: 54 -
Wheat cents.webp529.9 KB · Views: 71 -
Monogram ring.webp97.8 KB · Views: 64 -
Side view.webp138 KB · Views: 56 -
Palm tree.webp111.1 KB · Views: 51 -
Modern coins.webp599.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:







