What's new

SLQ, barbers, and a Merc....and it aint no joke in this heat

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
SLQ, barbers, and a Merc....and it ain't no joke in this heat

Snuck away from work and went to a newer site. The ground was dust, the grass was half dead and mostly dust, the temp was 89 degrees, and humidity was 75%. It was rough out there.

Did about 2.5 hrs and got some great results. Dug a bunch of wheats and a few Indians. In between all them snagged two barbers (one with an almost hole), a Merc, and a 1923 SLQ in pretty good shape. Probably the best one out of the 9 I've found.

I think I overdid I today in the heat. My apologies for the lame and short post. I need AC and a BEER

Steve ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432757009.807984.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432757020.579261.webp
 
Upvote 80
Those are some great coins. I would have just been happy posting an Indian Head..LOL. Congratulations on your silver.
Kinley
 
Yeah, the humidity was really killer today. I was very wet after about an hour. Nice finds!
 
Those are some great coins. I would have just been happy posting an Indian Head..LOL. Congratulations on your silver.
Kinley

I am happy with Indians. I normally post them but I just don't have it in me today to clean them.
 
Hmm.. More Silver out of NJSM....CT ain't gonna like this
 
FIRE I say, fire!
Congrats bud, your a silver finding son of a gun.
 
I can't even imagine finding 9 SLQ's ! They definitely are a bucket list coin for me . Getting one from pre 1924 with a date
is quite an accomplishment !
 
Awesome silvers! Wheats and IH too!

I hope your drinking water while your out in the heat.
 
That is awesome!!! Nice lot of coins for a short hunt!!!!!
 
Nice digs! Still have yet to see a SLQ shining up at me. Congrats!
 
Real nice Steve!!
That slq has great detail.
 
FIRE I say, fire!
Congrats bud, your a silver finding son of a gun.

Brad, I was on fire today. Literally. I look like a lobsta' after it's been boiled
 
A couple barbers, a merc and a SLQ with a date, Killer hunt!!

Do I have to find 9 SLQ's before I get one with a date? Lol
 
Real nice Steve!!
That slq has great detail.

Thanks George. The condition was even better once I cleaned it. It's actually worth a few bucks. Also the 1905 Barber is the "micro O" variety. Too bad the 1923 ain't an S mintage.
 
good job steve, youre racking up the silver this year
helluva hunt!!
 
Congratulations on the very productive hunt! Nice collection of silver.
 
Another average day for Scrappy. Wouldn't expect any less. Congrats on another great day!!!:notworthy:
 
SLQ, barbers, and a Merc....and it ain't no joke in this heat

A couple barbers, a merc and a SLQ with a date, Killer hunt!!

Do I have to find 9 SLQ's before I get one with a date? Lol

Thx. Nah, I think I had some bad luck with condition with SLQ. One I found was stoved in, flattened, and oval. See?ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432774791.111141.webplolImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432774857.415879.webp
 
Nice grouping of silvers, the SLQ is one great looking coin.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom