What's new

Seated, Barber, Merc, IHs and Bufallo all from the sidewalk dig!

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2004
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seated, Barber, Merc, IH's and Bufallo all from the sidewalk dig!

Woohoo! :)

Finally after 6yrs of detecting mud, dirt, clay, sand, hot humid summer heat, soaking wet dew mornings, frozen turf and snow flurries... draggin my 7 yr old with me (not all 6yrs tho) but she likes the worms, she has to "protect them" til I cover my holes. :D
Well I got my 1st seated coin. A 1890 seated dime. Has great detail but too bad it looks this way, don't know what to do to spruce it up to look better, any help will be appreciated greatly! But for my 1st seated, I ain't complainin' any!
Then just moments later I dug this beat 1918 Merc, by far the worst detailed silver coin I've dug ever.
A few days ago same place I dug the best detailed Barber I've ever dug, It's a beauty! Near AU, full head band details. 1907 Barber Dime, Sweet!

I unearthed 3 IH's, 1896, 1899 & 1906, a handful of wheaties 1918-1942, one old Jefferson 1947 and a Buffalo, near no date, kinda looks like 1937 but has all four legs dang it! :P

There's still more sidewalk to be torn up... and I'm still going to the "dumping ground" where they're taking the scooped away loads of old sidewalk dirt and cement (that's where I got 1 IH, the seated and merc).

These are my first silvers since June!!! Slow summer for me.

More to come I'm sure...
 

Attachments

  • 100_1126.webp
    100_1126.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 620
  • 100_11316.webp
    100_11316.webp
    42 KB · Views: 600
  • 100_11303.webp
    100_11303.webp
    39.2 KB · Views: 603
  • 100_11305.webp
    100_11305.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 589
  • 100_11304.webp
    100_11304.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 601
  • ih.webp
    ih.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 594
  • 100_1129.webp
    100_1129.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 592
  • 100_1128.webp
    100_1128.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 589
  • 100_1123.webp
    100_1123.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 600
  • 100_1122.webp
    100_1122.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 602
  • 1907.webp
    1907.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 617
  • 100_1127.webp
    100_1127.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 602
Upvote 0
Re: Seated, Barber, Merc, IH's and Bufallo all from the sidewalk dig!

That's a year's worth of finds (if you're me) in one hunt!!

Outstanding bunch of coins, WTG!

A bit eerie that 2 topics today mentioned a very-detailed Barber dime and an 1890 Seated one...
 
Re: Seated, Barber, Merc, IH's and Bufallo all from the sidewalk dig!

congrats DigginItUp on your 1st seated coin and nice haul! many more! That seated looks like it was hit with some kind of strong chemical.
 
Re: Seated, Barber, Merc, IH's and Bufallo all from the sidewalk dig!

Yes some nice finds from that sidewalk dig.I like to do sidewalk digs also they hide some nice treasure at times..........................
 
Re: Seated, Barber, Merc, IH's and Bufallo all from the sidewalk dig!

You hit the jackpot!
Dang nice finds!
 
Re: Seated, Barber, Merc, IH's and Bufallo all from the sidewalk dig!

Thanks everyone, I went back on Saturday but only got more clad, unusually more nickels. But I snaped a few pics of the dirt, oh yeah the worms too!
 

Attachments

  • 100_1132-2.webp
    100_1132-2.webp
    96.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 100_1133-2.webp
    100_1133-2.webp
    87.8 KB · Views: 192
  • worms.webp
    worms.webp
    57.3 KB · Views: 193
Re: Seated, Barber, Merc, IH's and Bufallo all from the sidewalk dig!

Congratulations on a great hunt! I hunted a sidewalk tear out in front of a 1898 church the other day and found a 22 shell and 2 cut nails. I'm envious.
 
Re: Seated, Barber, Merc, IH's and Bufallo all from the sidewalk dig!

Those are NICE! Good job.

Nat
 
Re: Seated, Barber, Merc, IH's and Bufallo all from the sidewalk dig!

Some fantastic coins you got there.
Way to go!
-MM-
 
Re: Seated, Barber, Merc, IH's and Bufallo all from the sidewalk dig!

Nice! That Barber dime is in amazing condition!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom