Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful day and glad to have plenty of time to christen the Legend. Went to a 1920 permission with a vacant lot across the street. I like the smaller coils so went with the 6". Took a couple of hours to get confident and trust the settings but I really like the new machine.

Got a solid 50 from all angles and figured a CLAD quarter, but was thrilled to see something shiny. Turned out to be a Standing Liberty Quarter. Date is rubbed off and she's well worn, but beautiful to me. :)

Also got a 1943 King George Half Penny, and a ton of other cool stuff.

So, the SLQ and the Legend are keepers for sure. HH!

Attachments

• IMG_1239[1].JPG
    IMG_1239[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1236[1].JPG
    IMG_1236[1].JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1238[1].JPG
    IMG_1238[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1237[1].JPG
    IMG_1237[1].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1240[1].JPG
    IMG_1240[1].JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 46
Upvote 12

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Done
Congratulations on your nice recoveries and Best of Luck with the Legend

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Beautiful day and glad to have plenty of time to christen the Legend. Went to a 1920 permission with a vacant lot across the street. I like the smaller coils so went with the 6". Took a couple of hours to get confident and trust the settings but I really like the new machine.

Got a solid 50 from all angles and figured a CLAD quarter, but was thrilled to see something shiny. Turned out to be a Standing Liberty Quarter. Date is rubbed off and she's well worn, but beautiful to me. :)

Just the excitement of a find like that especially with a new detector makes the cost worth it...great find... and one of many to come!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very Nice!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread