Small Austrian or German Plaque

paulb104

Feb 7, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This small probably Austrian, possibly German, plaque measures four inches wide and a little more than five and half inches tall. The signature seems to be SB or BS.

kinderrettungswerk wien translates to children's rescue.

I've been looking online for this thing, every few months, for about four years.
20170208_225849.jpg

20170208_225937.jpg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a link that has a further link to their homepage (still in operation since 1948). But here at work I can't "go international" so I don't know if it is any help. Also, it's in Deutsch.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_in_Wien

Upvote 0
OP
OP
paulb104

paulb104

Feb 7, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a link ... Also, it's in Deutsch.

For anyone using a computer and Chrome, the foreign language is no longer a problem. Just have Google Translate automatically translate the foreign language for you. Once that's done, it only takes a few seconds, you can hover your cursor over a translated word and see the original language, too. There's even the ability to give Google a better translation if you think there is one.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
paulb104

paulb104

Feb 7, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a link that has a further link to their homepage (still in operation since 1948). But here at work I can't "go international" so I don't know if it is any help. Also, it's in Deutsch.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_in_Wien

I had found the Österreichisches Kinderrettungswerk, but as yet I haven't found a way to contact them. I'm also looking for someone in Austria to possibly do that for me instead.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
paulb104

paulb104

Feb 7, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also looking for someone in Austria to possibly do that for me instead.

It occurred to me that I should elaborate on this. About five years ago I was given a medal that had nothing but Asian writing on it. A lot of it. All I could figure out was that it was Japanese. I didn't know anyone who was Japanese, I still don't. Then I got to thinking... Where was the largest group of Japanese people? Japan. I'm not going to Japan. Then I checked craigslist.org. There are eight cities in Japan listed. I posted a listing in three cities, with a picture of each side of the medal, and in less than an hour I had the translation, and a confirmation.

Since then I've effective done this well over a dozen times around the world.

The medal, by the way, was the first place winner in a soy sauce competition from 1922. Who knew.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread