What's new

✅ SOLVED Small brass knob thingy

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2016
Messages
4,271
Reaction score
15,142
Golden Thread
2
Location
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this brass item, about the diameter of a quarter, near the lip of an early 1800’s cellar hole. Any ideas?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1576460760.588981.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1576460771.123073.webp

Thx!
 
It certainly has a 'colonial period' look to it, but I'm thinking it more likely dates to the 1830s - 50s. :icon_scratch:
Hopefully someone here will be able to I.D. it for you.

Dave
 
Upvote 0
It looks like the winder-keeper off of an old tape measure or chalk box.
 
Upvote 0
It looks like the winder-keeper off of an old tape measure or chalk box.

Thx Creskol! I think you got it. I wasn’t sure about your guess until I found a period pic that looks similar. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1576542618.328267.webp Thanks!!!
 
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thx DCMatt! Powder horn shot canister cap looks like the best match, so far... lots of good Ideas. Thx!!!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1576591478.993682.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Interesting piece.

Black Powder Shot Bag.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom