What's new

Small Dollar Coins

sphillips

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2008
Messages
1,059
Reaction score
1,127
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it worth the time to get a box of small dollar coins from my bank, any errors or dates worth the time?

Thx for any input
 
Upvote 0
Do they up-charge you for the transaction? If not, then the worst you can do is break even.
 
No up charge, just had so many half dollar box skunks lately, thought I would try something different. My question is, are their any small dollar coins worth searching for. Or just keep getting half’s.

Thx
 
Small dollars can bring a premium. It is not much, but a full set of SBA dollars can easily double your cost, if the right collector can be found. Same with Native American series and Presidential series.

Errors, depending on type, can bring small or large premiums. Check the various coin forums to see what errors are in demand and premiums collectors may be willing to pay.

Time for more coffee.
 
Thx to the replies. Think I’ll order a box and see what I get.
 
I've been getting small quantities every week or so for about three years just to see how many different ones I can find. Fun fact about small dollars, there are now more NIFC dates than IFC.

The American Innovation series is especially low mintage and do show up now and then.
 
2000 Sacs had a pattern variety distributed via a Cheerios cereal give-away. Most examples were probably spent, as they were discovered seven years after the release.

 
You might consider looking for this one.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.32.58 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.32.58 PM.webp
    152.1 KB · Views: 72

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom