JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posted this in "today's finds" as well but got this little surprise find with my Deus XP with my HF coil. Rang loud and clear about 3 inches down. Pulled it out of the ground thinking aluminum slaw took my brain a second to register that it was gold. In that moment I suddenly yelled gold lol I tend to get excited when I find neat things. I was not used to seeing a gold nugget looking like this one most I've seen in pictures are smooth and round. First one I've ever found and wasn't even looking for gold didn't expect to find it in a spot that tons of people have detected. Also can anyone tell my if this is a crystalline specimen or not I've read they are slightly rarer and a little more value to collectors. 20210822_174643.jpg 20210822_174648.jpg 20210822_174741.jpg 20210822_174751.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 6
OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Posted this in "today's finds" as well but got this little surprise find with my Deus XP with my HF coil. Rang loud and clear about 3 inches down. Pulled it out of the ground thinking aluminum slaw took my brain a second to register that it was gold. In that moment I suddenly yelled gold lol I tend to get excited when I find neat things. I was not used to seeing a gold nugget looking like this one most I've seen in pictures are smooth and round. First one I've ever found and wasn't even looking for gold didn't expect to find it in a spot that tons of people have detected. Also can anyone tell my if this is a crystalline specimen or not I've read they are slightly rarer and a little more value to collectors. View attachment 1943853 View attachment 1943854 View attachment 1943855 View attachment 1943856
Beautiful!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions