What's new

Small group hunt, neat finds

Reiska

Full Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2014
Messages
131
Reaction score
401
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
GM4 Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Today's finds on a field next to a church. I had 2 friends with me.

IMG_0118_1.webp

A bronze chain with a decorative piece at one end.
IMG_0119_1.webp

Coins from 1630-1830.
IMG_0120_1.webp

Some have better detail.
IMG_0125_1.webp

IMG_0121_1.webp

An old silver ring.
IMG_0122_1.webp

Anders Gustaf Grenman, Vaasa, 1821.
IMG_0123_1.webp

From an old coffin. That part of the field could have been a cemetery before.
IMG_0124_1.webp

Friend's first finds with my old machine. Coins from 1719, 1800... A good start for him.
20150919_220607_1.webp 20150919_220531_1.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 16
Congrats on a good hunt. You seem to pull many amazing coins where ever you are.
 
Those are some nice old coins.
 
those are some nice old finds
 
REISKA REISKA WHAT NICE FINDS YOU HAVE THERE...... THAT CROSS LOOKS VERY VERY OLD ....
 
What date is the chain & pendant? looks to be the earliest piece!
 
Very nice.
Your friend got a coin dated 1715 on his first hunt with your old machine? ?
That is a score.
 
REISKA REISKA WHAT NICE FINDS YOU HAVE THERE...... THAT CROSS LOOKS VERY VERY OLD ....

Same kind of cross is still used on coffins today. Might not be older than 100 years.

What date is the chain & pendant? looks to be the earliest piece!

I think so too. I have no idea on the age or what it was used for.

Very nice.
Your friend got a coin dated 1715 on his first hunt with your old machine? ?
That is a score.

1 öre 1719. That was the first coin he found.
 
I would say its very similar to 14th C Horse Harness Pendants. But we never get them on chains.
I do think its likely Medieval & went on a horse.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom