What's new

Small Metal Fastener, hook?

StrawberryBlonde

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 26, 2011
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this piece in the middle of an old mining site near piles and tunnels. Just curious what it came off of if anyone knows. It is about 1-3/4" tall and 3/4" wide at base. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 2012-03-03_06-20-09_140.webp
    2012-03-03_06-20-09_140.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 415
My first thought was some type of swivel, using the same principle as the 2 shown below, but I haven't been able to find a match to your design as yet.

Swivel clevis.webp
Swivel clip.webp
 
Upvote 0
A ferrule??? Looks like one.

Beth



PS: I cannot find one exactly like it either, but, then again, I haven't done lots of searching. But, it does looking like a ferrule that a line of some sort went through.
 

Attachments

  • ferrules.webp
    ferrules.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 772
Upvote 0
The ferrule on a fishing pole is actually the pic I thought I posted - but, somehow - I got the wrong one.

Here is the right one.

Beth
 

Attachments

  • fishing pole ferrule.webp
    fishing pole ferrule.webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 607
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom