- Joined
- May 6, 2009
- Messages
- 247
- Reaction score
- 11
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Saint Paul, MN
- Detector(s) used
- Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Nokta Legend
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting an area that had a house on it from 1880's - 1960's and have come up with many coins from this period (Indian cents, "V" Nickels, Mercury Dimes, Silver Roosevelts and Washington Quarters, couple of Barber dimes and one Barber silver dollar - also plenty of early wheats and a couple buffalo nickels) - but I have also found plenty of old metal toy parts, soldiers, celluloid dolls, trinket rings, religious jewelry and other day to day items.
I do find a TON of old square nails and when I dug up this small piece I thought it was another smaller nail and put it in my pouch for disposal later. When I got done I looked at the pile of rusty mess and noticed that this "nail" was odd-looking. Almost looked like a person. Dusted it off a bit and sure enough - it was a small figure of a man wearing a coat and hat. It's very rusted up and hard to make out the details but it appears that the figure is holding either a walking stick or a sword. His arms are crossed in front of him and clutching something on his right hand side. The hat he's wearing appears to have a feather stuck in it and I think there's a pouch or bag ties to his waist on the left side. The coat goes all the way down to his feet. Hardly any facial features I can make out - a nose and maybe a beard?
I was wondering what this object was? It was broken off something as the "feet" section has a jagged edge on it - perhaps a walking stick? (Maybe too small?) Also wondering how old it is. I know this is in very bad condition and nobody may have an answer - just thought I'd give it a try on this forum.
Thanks for any clues you can offer to this little mystery!
I do find a TON of old square nails and when I dug up this small piece I thought it was another smaller nail and put it in my pouch for disposal later. When I got done I looked at the pile of rusty mess and noticed that this "nail" was odd-looking. Almost looked like a person. Dusted it off a bit and sure enough - it was a small figure of a man wearing a coat and hat. It's very rusted up and hard to make out the details but it appears that the figure is holding either a walking stick or a sword. His arms are crossed in front of him and clutching something on his right hand side. The hat he's wearing appears to have a feather stuck in it and I think there's a pouch or bag ties to his waist on the left side. The coat goes all the way down to his feet. Hardly any facial features I can make out - a nose and maybe a beard?
I was wondering what this object was? It was broken off something as the "feet" section has a jagged edge on it - perhaps a walking stick? (Maybe too small?) Also wondering how old it is. I know this is in very bad condition and nobody may have an answer - just thought I'd give it a try on this forum.
Thanks for any clues you can offer to this little mystery!

Attachments
-
figure 1.webp65.3 KB · Views: 391 -
figure 2.webp46.6 KB · Views: 392 -
figure 3.webp69.2 KB · Views: 410 -
figure 4.webp56.7 KB · Views: 410 -
figure 5.webp52.9 KB · Views: 378 -
figure 6.webp50 KB · Views: 385 -
figure 7.webp73.8 KB · Views: 383 -
left side.webp65.3 KB · Views: 382 -
right side.webp70.5 KB · Views: 376








