Small / mini miller tables best? Worst? What have you tried?

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Sdc 2300, gold monster 1000 gpx 6000.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I work my way through paydirt I’ve been keeping my tailings. Using a loupe I can see smaller gold in it but slips past in panning. I’ve seen many nice Home built miller tables in videos on YouTube and have seen some nice “commercially” produced ones that seem nice as well.
Also your thoughts on green vs black surface. I personally from watching many videos am leaning towards green, just way more clear when the black sand is gone, but I also like how the black surface really shows the gold.

I’ve seen them roughly range from 129 with everything Pump tub unit it self etc. all the way up to about 300 bucks with everything (YEOWTCH!)
I’ve had a wanted ad up for some time but I guess when one finds what they like and what works there is no urge to sell, haha.

Thanks for the input ahead of time.

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
For a Miller Table surface , I prefer a green surface for seeing the black sand covering the fine gold specs. I had some black slate for a large Miller Table surface and it worked great BUT small specs of black sand covered up fine gold and I couldn't see them and it was TO heavy to move around. So I cut it to smaller pieces to make several smaller tables. I gave 2 of the pieces to my friends over time and liked the smaller version for portability for moving around from state to state like I used to do! I'm to beat up to do that type of going around from state to state so I sold most of my gear to younger people . I still have a LOT of gear stored and since I'm getting better since my surgery and feeling more like getting out , I'm planning using my 2 inch dredge to get out for the 20018 season to see if I still can get around a dredge hole . It's been 4 years now since I got to dredge and I'm looking forward to trying to see who it goes!:dontknow::occasion14:

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$129 is about the price you could build an acrylic cutting mat one if you had to buy all the materials. Though an acrylic cutting 10" table saw blade will cost that much.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been very happy with my AZViper design for three years now. I used a special wood bed from 3/4 inch concrete form plywood. It was fun to build and recovers the smallest specks. Here is the link.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...ng-miller-table-using-rubber-mat-surface.html

Miller Table.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been very happy with my AZViper design for three years now. I used a special wood bed from 3/4 inch concrete form plywood. It was fun to build and recovers the smallest specks. Here is the link.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...ng-miller-table-using-rubber-mat-surface.html

View attachment 1571001
Great thread, reading it here and there as I can on page 7, slate debate haha.
Envious though I really would love to home brew. Just to much working time no time to do anything but eat sleep work repeat. But love a lot of the ideas and all in the thread.
Maybe eventually I’ll get someone retired with spare time to build one for me haha.
Eventually I hope to have time to even get out and even prospect.
Currently working 283 hours a month 7 days and been on this crazy schedule for about 5 years now.

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A pump option came across my feeds.
Here is what I ended up buying.
I figure sufficient power over all for a miller table but probably not enough to run
My regular size sluice haha.
Here is the specs.
34A40AFD-79A2-40C2-AD20-7BCD1B8AE665.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread