njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello

Found this in my sisters yard.Looks like a small vial.If that's what it is . Have no ideal,:dontknow:never dug something like this before.
Let me no if any one has,and is there a way to open this with out damaging it. or should it be left alone? I did shake it and it sounds
like something rattles in side.

31864[1].jpg

Last edited:

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Wow, you found a real Extraterrestrial anal probe?
Lots of them were inserted back in the '50s, according to the UFO literature I read in my youth, hahaha.

For real now lipstick tube sound correct to me...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
njrelicgairl

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, you found a real Extraterrestrial anal probe?
Lots of them were inserted back in the '50s, according to the UFO literature I read in my youth, hahaha.

For real now lipstick tube sound correct to me...
I thought soo

Upvote 0
OP
OP
njrelicgairl

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neutralize the vinegar with a baking soda rub, then rinse in water. If nothing else, it will help clean it up nicely!
will the vineger turn it a red rustic color?or dose the backing soda help prevent that.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
njrelicgairl

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know if i thanked you for helping me to i identify this.
But i thank you.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will the vineger turn it a red rustic color?or dose the backing soda help prevent that.
Assuming it's copper or brass, it will bring it back to it's bright shiny original color. If it was painted, that paint will likely come off with this process. If it was silver plated, the plating will most likely come off too if it's left in the vinegar long enough. The baking soda rub helps get the last of the corrosion off and neutralizes the acid in the vinegar. A fresh water rinse just gets the remainder of the vinegar/baking soda chemical reaction off so it doesn't continue to etch the metal.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread