What's new

Smallest button I've ever dug...

beetle662

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2003
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
310
Golden Thread
0
Location
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Tiny tiny tiny! Recovered from the yard of a house built in the 1850's in Ohio this past autumn. Appears to have "stars" around the perimeter. Can't really tell the middle design, but something is there. No obvious makers marks on the back.
Thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • button3.webp
    button3.webp
    156.8 KB · Views: 98
  • button2.webp
    button2.webp
    96.5 KB · Views: 85
  • button1.webp
    button1.webp
    104.4 KB · Views: 86
Nice find. Somewhere here in the house I have two of them, both found on house sites with Civil War buttons admixed. Those little guys are hard to hear.
 
Nice find. Somewhere here in the house I have two of them, both found on house sites with Civil War buttons admixed. Those little guys are hard to hear.
It was a squeaker for sure. Using the Nokta Simplex, but it was a steady tone nonetheless. Pinpointing that bad boy out of the plug was quite the challenge! I guess it's a Victorian shoe button?
 
Technially yes to Victorian as she started her reign about 1840. I can't remember the exact date. More like a jacket cuff button.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom