Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$_57.JPG

Included in Bounty Hunter Gold/Platinum, Tek Alpha/Delta, and Fisher F5 coils.

Kind of eases FTPs switch over. Wonder if they sell just the connector?

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a brilliant idea.
Sorry I didn't think of it first.

If they don't sell it separate now they probably will sooner or later. Either they will or someone else will copy it.

hopeful_digger

Greenie
Jun 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of curiosity, how does the Nel Sharpshooter work on your QDP? I was considering that coil, because it seems to combine the positives of a DD coil and sniper coil, with a bit wider coverage area. I tend to get a good bit of falsing and EMI interference with the stock QDP coil.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out of curiosity, how does the Nel Sharpshooter work on your QDP? I was considering that coil, because it seems to combine the positives of a DD coil and sniper coil, with a bit wider coverage area. I tend to get a good bit of falsing and EMI interference with the stock QDP coil.

The QDP pushes the limits for a sub $200 unit. IF you can run it at sensitivity 10, then fine. But in most cases the QDP does just fine at 8 or 9, exceeding the depth of older model BHs and most machines that hover around the $200-$300 range. I don't have the SS for the QDP. I do have one on my F2. Same depth as the 8" coil, but quiet and ID perfect, especially in areas with lots of trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions