snow piles

I hunt the edge of parking lots by eye when I walk the dog. All the trash gets blown by the wind there. I found a dollar bill at the post office last week against a fence with other litter the wind blew there. I found paper money a few times on the edges of the parking lot of The PA. Turnpike Rest Areas.

I hunt the edge of parking lots by eye when I walk the dog. All the trash gets blown by the wind there. I found a dollar bill at the post office last week against a fence with other litter the wind blew there. I found paper money a few times on the edges of the parking lot of The PA. Turnpike Rest Areas.
good idea DFX Dave

I have. Sometimes the piles are pushed or placed just off the edge of a lot so then when they melt the contents are left in the dirt, or grass. I ran my detector around a parking lot like this not long ago and found some clad coins and a live .38 special cartridge. I did not find any rings or jewelry. Downside to this was all the trash that also accumulated there! Given the opportunity, I suspect I will look around, in, and under snow piles again! Happy huntin' !

I hunt snow piles and parking lots if I can't play in the dirt. get mostly clad, car parts, keys, trash, junk jewelry, etc.
I did find a twenty dollar bill once, with the snow blower, and it didn't shred it! That was the one and only time I got "paid" to remove snow! Lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back