What's new

So close, but so far.

I contacted a company that made these and being 25 yrs old he didn't have the specifications on the contacts. They were for electrical contacts.
But they didn't recycle them though. Then another company that could but I had to provide my corporate number.
That would have been a hassle also.
I might get a qrt of nitric expressed to me to do a small batch to see what the recovery will be.
Okay. Silver I get but I thought a carbide contact seemed odd.
 
Okay. Silver I get but I thought a carbide contact seemed odd.
Alot of the electric contacts have a Tungsten silver mix. Older contacts have a cadmium mix also.
What did they do with those drill inserts that wore out?
 
Alot of the electric contacts have a Tungsten silver mix. Older contacts have a cadmium mix also.
What did they do with those drill inserts that wore out?
I believe carbide scrap is pretty much under wraps by primarily the original manufacturers of the product at least in the machining industry. A bunch of the construction and mining gets wasted from what I've witnessed. Not sure how economically it would be to go all around to gather it all up and then extract it all.
 
Little bit off, but still not bad for my first try.

20260331_151248.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom