What's new

So How old is it?

dfx-kevin

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
250
Reaction score
139
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest mississippi
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and Tesoro original silver saber
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these at a construction site where a house was pushed, I'm assuming it was in the house as part of a collection, but then again I would've thought the dozer would've broke them. Obsidian definitely is not from this area, so it may confirm my suspicion of a collection. Just want to know if they're old or repros and if real, how old could they be, any help would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • image-2234912717.webp
    image-2234912717.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 0
They look like repros but if they are not they are old and very beautiful nice finds !!!! Someone with more knowledge will help you I'm sure as that material is not in my area
 
Yeah modern but even the modern ones go for a pretty penny now days.
 
I'm curious, how can you tell they are reproductions from a not so clear picture?
 
Took several pix they all reflect the flash
 
Yeah modern but even the modern ones go for a pretty penny now days.
Yeah, I think repros of spears are around 60 bucks but either way a cool find
 
With new pics maybe it will look different and I will change my mind. Id be interested in seeing them in the light.
 
My only advice to you is to go to the right place for advice. Find a collector in your area that can actually hold the pieces in Hand and study them. A collector that has spent enough time in their studies may be able to tell you how obsidian got to the natives in your area. Pictures on the net just can't provide you the answers. Although good intention is behind the advice here, it's just based on a picture. You know the old saying, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". Lol! Good luck and I hope you get good news on these pieces!!
 
I'm not sure if they are fake or not but better pics would help. one thing fakes are better made than those are most of the time:dontknow:cool find as far has I know there has never been any of that stone found in this state.
 
Could of been part of a collection. Need better pics
 
Thanks I'll try for better pix after work
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom