What's new

So mysterious I included them all - SOLVED!

kyphote

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
585
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've labeled each of these by letter and a huge thanks to anyone who can identify a single one! All were found on a virgin Civil War camp among plenty of bullets and buttons. All produced a soft, high chirp on my MXT. B and C have threaded ends. Again my thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • unidentified items.webp
    unidentified items.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 389
Re: So mysterious I included them all...

b- small drawer knob,
c- tupe cap end
d - a typing block see end for a 'letter' or might be a spacer (blank)
e - might be a scabbard tip but need to see the other side

Forgot - WELCOME to Tnet from the UK :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Re: So mysterious I included them all...

A looks like a thumb screw. :)

I think Crusader covered the rest.

welcome to T-Net.
 

Attachments

  • Thumb_Screw.webp
    Thumb_Screw.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 338
Upvote 0
Wow, too easy! Thanks to Crusader and RPG!
 
Upvote 0
If item 1 has threads the it is a thumb screw. If it has no threads it's probably the end of one of these turnbutton fasteners.
 

Attachments

  • fasteners_clip_image001_0001.webp
    fasteners_clip_image001_0001.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
sonofmitch said:
If item 1 has threads the it is a thumb screw. If it has no threads it's probably the end of one of these turnbutton fasteners.

It has no threads, just a jagged end that indicates it was broken off. Based on its patina and wear, it appears to be at least a century old. The head of a small key maybe?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom