What's new

soccer field surprises again---Southwest in the Northeast, my 1st Ling turquois

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
4,066
Reaction score
7,788
Golden Thread
0
Location
port ewen ny
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2.9 grams of Southwest Sterling, ( VDI clean 78) plus the usual clad. two silvers from the field this week8-):laughing7: IMG_2206.webpIMG_2207.webp
 
Upvote 24
Nice. I have yet to get anything with turquoise. But I did find an earring with red corral. R u gunna try to straighten the ring?
 
appears to be a pendant, not a ring. will leave as is
 
NICE !! So Ace...I usually keep on stepping when I hit a 77-78 ATP signal...as silver on my end is mid to upper 80's...so I'm intrigued, as I'm thinking these are penny hits...and realize I may be passing on some great stuff...what can u tell me about the "solid" 78 hits that may be better than a cent ? I am open to suggestions, critique...im never too old to grow or learn...thx very much in advance...ddf
 
appears to be a pendant, not a ring. will leave as is

Nice going on the silver ring. It was not originally made as pendent just a flattened ring giving the appearance of one.
 
I know what you are saying DDF, BUT--the really scratchy mid to upper 70's are generally rotting zincolns, but if it sounds fairly clean, DIG THE DARN THING!!. the sound can be saying the density is not uniform, meaning JEWELRY. copper cents, clad and silver dimes at this site all hit between 78 to 82 due to the clay and iron levels. clad is coming out green to orange and a few silvers were rusty and or black stained. there are some decent sounding high 60's there that are likely brass that have me interested, will try digging a few since IH's hit there but this field does not have the history for them and depth is less than a foot. back again today
 
That's no dang pendant, it's a bent up ring...LOL Put your glasses on old timer!!! Love the RING
 
Cool mangled ring. Any silver ring is a good find in my book no matter the condition.
 
Nice find---appears to be a ring. More valuable if it can be straightened without breaking, IMO.
 
I also found a piece of turquoise in the northeast this year. I was walking in the Catskill mountain park in upstate NY, and there was a small turquoise lying on the path. It came from modern jewelry for sure, but it was a fun find in an unexpected place. Interesting thing is that with all the time I have lived in the southwest and went hiking in New Mexico, I've never found a speck of natural turquoise.
 
as BEEZ said, it is a ring. got it nearly fixed when the joint snapped, now --how do I repair this trophy??? no way this goes in my scrap bottle. return dig on Saturday was just IMG_2208.webpIMG_2209.webp$4 in clad, but this was waiting for me in a nickel roll
 
Nice ring, I would have brought it to a jeweler to straighten, I know I would have broken it too...:dontknow:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom