What's new

Solid 2017 half box

silveraddict

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2016
Messages
481
Reaction score
1,012
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a first for me. Loomis box solid 2017.
Hope this is a last
 
Upvote 0
This is a first for me. Loomis box solid 2017.
Hope this is a last
Forgot picture 20180807_210954.webp
 
That is so weird... Love to hear some thoughts, I'm stumped
 
that does make you mad when went a while back i got a box of nickles all 2018 d
 
that does make you mad when went a while back i got a box of nickles all 2018 d
Were your nickels mint wrapped?
I can see that happening.
These were from Loomis out of there hopper. This must have been quite an extensive 2017 dump.
Follow up: there were a lot of them in the next few boxes as well.
 
Were your nickels mint wrapped?
I can see that happening.
These were from Loomis out of there hopper. This must have been quite an extensive 2017 dump.
Follow up: there were a lot of them in the next few boxes as well.

all mint wrapped
 
I can't be certain of this fact, but I thought I saw on a Discovery, NatGeo channel, that the coin vendors get SUPER SIZE BAGS OF COINS either from the Fed or Directly from the mint. Super Size as in 50,000 cents per jumbo bag, that they need a forklift to move it to a counting machine hopper. Maybe someone who use to work at a coin vendor could pipe in on the exact process. A former CRH'er years ago, named LIU21 use to work at a processor and would give us some good inside info.
 
Last edited:
I can't be certain of this fact, but I thought I saw on a Discovery, NatGeo channel, that the coin vendors get SUPER SIZE BAGS OF COINS either from the Fed or Directly from the mint. Super Size as in 50,000 cents per jumbo bag, that they need a forklift to move it to a counting machine hopper. Maybe someone who use to work at a coin vendor could pipe in on the exact process. A former CRH'er years ago, named LIU21 use to work at a processor and would give us some good inside info.

That's exactly what happens. The only wrapped rolls the mint does is the special rolls they sell on their website. The couriers roll the rest.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom