What's new

Solo Hunt - 4 Silvers!

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,305
Reaction score
48,537
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got on my bike & went to a fairly nearby area that we got last year. Its a Roman Site with a few Celtic turn up in random places. As we hammered it last year I gridded outside of the Site for 4 Hours & it paid off. Then spent some time over the main site & picked up a few scrappies.

5 Scrappies
2 broken Tudor Buttons
17th C Sword Belt Fitment
Spectacle Buckle
13th C Annular Brooch
Roman Pin
Ed I Penny
Lizzy Threepence 1573
1697 Sixpence (Love token)
1683 Charles II Threepence - Tough to get these early milled coins.:headbang:
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    78.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    176.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    105.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    68.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    150.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    133.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Upvote 54
Pretty good day. Nice finds. Curious as to what makes the sixpence a love token.
 
That milled Silver is a nice looking coin! The Love Token is pretty cool too. I never had one here. Who knows why...:tongue3:
What about the Spectacle buckle? Looks like the asymetrical shape is volitional.
 
Pretty good day. Nice finds. Curious as to what makes the sixpence a love token.

Its bent in opposite directions, most were done with very worn coins, it rare to see one in such good condition.
 
That milled Silver is a nice looking coin! The Love Token is pretty cool too. I never had one here. Who knows why...:tongue3:
What about the Spectacle buckle? Looks like the asymetrical shape is volitional.
Not sure, just a funny shape.
 
Killer finds
 
What is the silver coin in the top right in the picture of the 4 silvers? I really like the design of that one! Great finds as always. Congrats!
 
What is the silver coin in the top right in the picture of the 4 silvers? I really like the design of that one! Great finds as always. Congrats!
1683 Charles II Threepence - They used the initial of Charles & used the 3 'C' crossing to show its a 3 Pence.
 
Nice finds,and I wish I could hunt there.
 
OMG!! Really??? Color me Jealous!! Congrats on a Very lucrative day!!
 
Those silvers are incredible! Other finds are awesome. Congrats!! Counting down, in four days I'll be in England :-)
HH
 
Fantastic hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Sweet finds, :occasion14: Congrats all day!! :icon_thumright:
 
Those silvers are incredible! Other finds are awesome. Congrats!! Counting down, in four days I'll be in England :-)
HH

Good luck.
Find the dark patches, nails & pot shards, then GRID carefully. That assumes the land has sites on it??
 
Very well done sir. Those four silvers are beauties.

You never cease to amaze. Best of luck to you and your dad.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom