turtlefoot13
Hero Member
- Joined
- Aug 23, 2009
- Messages
- 733
- Reaction score
- 105
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- The Ozarks, Missouri
- Detector(s) used
- Teknetics Alpha 2000
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
Hi All,
I have a friend who sent me a large box of spent shotgun brass and in it was a handfull of spent bullet casings. These casings included .56-56 Spencer, Frankford Arsenal, Twin Cities Arsenal, WRA Co. .34-40, etc. This primer was also included.
At first, with a casual glance, I thought it was a spent .22 case. I looked at it closer and realized it was a primer. You can see that it has been fired. It is 1.017 inches long and .236 inches in diameter.
Can anyone tell me what type of shell uses a primer that is so long? Any help or tips are appreciated.
Doug
I have a friend who sent me a large box of spent shotgun brass and in it was a handfull of spent bullet casings. These casings included .56-56 Spencer, Frankford Arsenal, Twin Cities Arsenal, WRA Co. .34-40, etc. This primer was also included.
At first, with a casual glance, I thought it was a spent .22 case. I looked at it closer and realized it was a primer. You can see that it has been fired. It is 1.017 inches long and .236 inches in diameter.
Can anyone tell me what type of shell uses a primer that is so long? Any help or tips are appreciated.
Doug
Never gave mine much thought but it is weird seems how the rim is not there for chambering.Also as east coast as you can get with out falling in the ocean








