What's new

SOLVED: button ID help - SV = Sons of Civil War Veteran Sweet!!

Jaichim24

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2010
Messages
317
Reaction score
603
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this button in the front yard of a house that dates to 1860. The house borders main street of the town which of course is a lot older than 1860. (incorporated 1712)

I'm looking for an approximate date it was made, and what the A S or S A stands for? Also, could this perhaps be a military button?

Thanks in advance for the feedback,

Jai
 

Attachments

  • 100_1952.webp
    100_1952.webp
    68.6 KB · Views: 264
  • 100_1963.webp
    100_1963.webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 100_1945.webp
    100_1945.webp
    78.1 KB · Views: 257
  • 100_1952.webp
    100_1952.webp
    68.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 100_1963.webp
    100_1963.webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 100_1945.webp
    100_1945.webp
    78.1 KB · Views: 236
Re: button ID help

sscindercoop Sweet ID thanks!! I'll mark this one solved!! It's odd/too bad that none of the gold gilt survived on this one. I tried the aluminum jelly trick with no luck on this, just brown patina under the light green corrosion.

RelicDude07, you headed in the right direction with the V and S comment, thanks!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom