Some Birthday Bust (1802)

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's my 62nd (gulp) birthday today so I played hooky from work and hit the woods to go detecting. Within an hour I got lucky scoring an 1802 Draped Bust. Also found two colonial shoe buckles and a barrel hoop. I like to say she's old but has a nice patina. The pic is straight out of the ground from 4" deep with the Nox 800 reading a steady 27. Haven't washed her up yet it's time to go to a BBQ.

The best part of my all day hunt was that the woods smelled heavenly. I was next to wetlands with hundreds of white lotus blooming. Time to gear up for the prime fall detecting season.

Attachments

• tres289.jpg
    tres289.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 47

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A
It's my 62nd (gulp) birthday today so I played hooky from work and hit the woods to go detecting. Within an hour I got lucky scoring an 1802 Draped Bust. Also found two colonial shoe buckles and a barrel hoop. I like to say she's old but has a nice patina. The pic is straight out of the ground from 4" deep with the Nox 800 reading a steady 27. Haven't washed her up yet it's time to go to a BBQ.

The best part of my all day hunt was that the woods smelled heavenly. I was next to wetlands with hundreds of white lotus blooming. Time to gear up for the prime fall detecting season.

Anything in 1800 Hundred'd you find it is a very good hunting. I would go there other times to see if there were other 1800' coins to go with the one you FOUND. happy hunting !!!!

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice Birthday gift🎈

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy birthday! Congrats on the great finds! We would also love to see the buckles!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a really nice dirt gift you received for your well deserved hooky hunt.
Happy Birthday!

OP
OP
Eastender

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the birthday wishes, likes, and comments. I finally dared to give it a rinse in water and this is what she looks like. Cud on the date and the reverse has the 1 over 100 fraction. I've found a half a dozen of these and while my 1798 is probably the nicest for detail, I have to say I love the green patina of the 1802. Typically the King George II is my main colonial coin and I found a 1731 KGII nearby the 1802. I have to admit the greater sentimentality for anything from the first Philadelphia Mint.

Attachments

• tres290.jpg
    tres290.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 39
  • tres38.jpg
    tres38.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 39

jgoetz4

Dec 31, 2014
Baltimore, Md
Detector(s) used
White's 5000D (40 yrs) and Bounty Hunter 3300 (8 yrs)
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy birthday. Congrats on the vintage finds. Good details on the large cent :)
Jim

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First off, Happy belated Birthday! I just turned 62 a few weeks ago myself. Secondly, Congrats for an absolutely beautiful DBLC!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread