Some Favorite Recent Finds

ScribbleMuse

Jul 12, 2012
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must state that I am totally ignorant thus far in identification; beyond the most obvious agate or such, I'm pretty much drifting in lots and lots of "maybe possibly sort of looking like it could be...."

I had a really great day on the 14th and found all of these and also the agate I posted on a different thread. I'll try to spare too many photos in one post but if you are interested in viewing more of the rocks here, you can see the web album I set up here.

I would love to have any input if anyone knows what these could be; I've tried to keep most of them numbered to keep references easy in replies, and to reference any of the other views/angles in the photo album linked above.

IMG_3569-001.JPG IMG_3576-001.JPG IMG_3580-001.JPG IMG_3656.JPG IMG_3589-001.JPG IMG_3595.JPG IMG_3608-001.JPG

More coming in next posts...

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most of them are wet, right? Great for showing colours - bad for trying to help to ID most things.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ScribbleMuse

ScribbleMuse

Jul 12, 2012
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of them are wet, right? Great for showing colours - bad for trying to help to ID most things.

Oops, yeah, they're all wet. Still learning the various ways of photographing rocks and was having problems getting what I see displayed in the photo when they're dry, but was finding some limited success with a few practice shots yesterday in the sun.

I'll get out into the sunlight later to retake a couple of them as a dry pic to hopefully show proper details without relying on the ease of water shine, but I didn't want to become overly dependent on the temptation to post for ID before learning the basics myself, so I'll hopefully be able to come in and ID them as I work through the process as well.

Thanks! :D

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions