What's new

Some first time items for me this past weekend!!!

Jacobsdt

Full Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2012
Messages
229
Reaction score
805
Golden Thread
0
Location
VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher F75 ltd, Garrett Pro Pointer and a little luck
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The weather was great, so I went to the house I grew up in which is about an hour from where I live now. I hadn't been there in about 30 years. I remembered finding civil war stuff when I helped my mom turn over the garden every spring. I finally went and knocked on the door. Very nice people renting the property and didn't have a problem with me taking a look. My old neighbors were still there as well and also told me to have at it. I found some great stuff and can't wait to go back for more.

20150504_160735.webp 20150504_161146.webp 20150504_161547.webp

I believe this is a gold tooth, kinda creepy. I though it was just lead when I pull it out of the ground, but I took a paper towel to get the dirt off and it shined as bright as can be.

20150504_162032.webp 20150504_162049.webp

I'm not sure about this piece, looks like it had gotten squished at some point.

20150504_172342.webp

20150504_173136.webp 20150504_173410.webp
 
Upvote 16
Nice assortment
 
Nice finds. I am still looking for my first indian head and my first silver. HH
 
You have a great group of finds. I like 'em all.
 
Holy wow that was one hell of a hunt. The snake buckle and plate are absolutely awesome.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom