What's new

Some Great Nickels from Oct./Nov. 2010

sitman

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2010
Messages
62
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70
Here are some photographs of what I found during a search of hand rolls of $40 in nickels in October, and then again in November of 2010. They came from a small, local bank that almost never has machine wrapped rolls. The bank still has some rather quaint rules like requiring coin depositors to mark the rolls with their account numbers. When I buy the rolls, the account numbers must first be struck out with a black marker. Many of the depositors also put their names and addresses on the rolls, too.

Coins in photographs are arranged in chronological order from left to right, and by mint from top (Philadelphia) to bottom (San Francisco). As a reference, the tallest stack toward the middle of each photograph is 1946 Philadelphia.

There were no war nickels, but each time I found three solid rolls of 1940s vintage nickels.
 

Attachments

  • crh oct 2010.webp
    crh oct 2010.webp
    265.5 KB · Views: 237
  • crh nov 2010.webp
    crh nov 2010.webp
    349.1 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 0
Superb nickel finds and all in same rolls. I'd check that bank often if I were you!
rileyboy
 
Thanks, Rileyboy. I often do go to this bank because of the customer wrapped rolls. They never seem to have any half dollars, but I did recently score a 1964 dime from them. The dime was extremely black toned, including the edge, so it wasn't obvious when I was looking at the edges. It's a good thing I always look at the dates, too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom