Some interesting Items today

williefire

Feb 11, 2005
Statesboro Georgia
Found a 1895 Indian head, a sterling silver I.D. bracelet with Joe Mcenerne's name,U.S.N. and his service #...Need to find out how to track his family down, I'm sure they would love to have it back. Found 2 Military buttons as well...and ohhh yeah, a HUGE "diamond" ring...lol....its band is aluminum with Germany written in it, pretty sure the "diamond" is high quality plastic......

Attachments

• ID bracelet.JPG
    ID bracelet.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Have you asked the base commander's office-maybe they can relay by forwarding a letter to him through his service #. That way you don't hand over the bracelet to them, and it's not like you're asking for his address-just a forward of your letter to his posting if he's still in active service.

OP
OP
williefire

williefire

Feb 11, 2005
Statesboro Georgia
I'll try the base commanders idea, i've tried almost everything else...going out today again to an old house I just got permision to hunt.... ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds Willie, Good luck with the Bracelet. Also- Looks like a Few Carats of Plastic in that ring :lol still a cool find tho' especially sinse it's marked Germany. Congrats ; jeff

M

mrmark55

Great finds! I would call that a very good day of detecting!
Mr Mark 8)

C

czman

Go to the local post of the VFW or AL...they will help you if this person is somewhere in the state...dont leave these items with them...good luck...Don

OP
OP
williefire

williefire

Feb 11, 2005
Statesboro Georgia
I found the bracelet and ring in Savannah in an old housing area where military used to live frequently. I did have the name spelled wrong on the post....The Indian head and the buttons were found on Ft Stewart .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread