kimsdad
Silver Member
- Joined
- Apr 17, 2008
- Messages
- 4,693
- Reaction score
- 24
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
- Detector(s) used
- E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
This isn't anything valuable, but I can't figure out what it is. It was found in an old forest preserve. Any help would be appreciated.
It's a plated metal piece that is hollow. In the wide end there is a metal semi-circle that pivots freely. There is a small opening in the other end, and there is something hopelessly rusted on the inside. Then there's the assembly on the top....
I found a couple of wheats in the same area - a 1919 & a 1929
Any ideas?
It's a plated metal piece that is hollow. In the wide end there is a metal semi-circle that pivots freely. There is a small opening in the other end, and there is something hopelessly rusted on the inside. Then there's the assembly on the top....
I found a couple of wheats in the same area - a 1919 & a 1929
Any ideas?

, imagine the piece atop that bracket - it could have been designed that way to provide an almost "cushioned" effect (comfort for the all-day staplist...
). I know I've seen very similar designs but like I mentioned earlier - it's been darn near impossible to find a matching pic. and also why I think it could be from some type of old embosser/stamper. Hopefully, this piece won't turn out to be another one of those "metal sprocket thingy with #s"... 
??






