What's new

Some kind of seal? two guys fencing?

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
1,656
Reaction score
107
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
take a look at this and tell me what you think. Found it today

Are these guys fencing? it is concave where the image is so I'm assuming it is some kind of seal.

It is about the size of a quarter and I guess its made out of brass because of the patina, but it feels like pewter or a lighter metal.

any Ideas?

thanks for looking and HH.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0658.webp
    IMG_0658.webp
    60.4 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0659.webp
    IMG_0659.webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 291
They sorta look like court jesters. Neat find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
They sorta look like court jesters. Neat find, Breezie

Thanks Breezie

The guy on the right, while it doesn't look like he is holding a sword out, has his right hand behind his back which made me think of fencing, at least what hollywood has taught me about it :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Nice ID Bramble! The guy on the left looks a little light in the loafers! :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Bramblefind said:
I think it is a large picture button - got lucky while searching and found this:

http://cgi.express.ebay.com/ws/eBay...gory=156325&ssPageName=STORE:PROMOBOX:NEWLIST

jkvj8z.jpg


Antique Button Large Two Men in Battle Brass, Shank

Up for sale is an antique larger button at 1 1/2" across featuring two men in sword battle. Brass with metal shank at back. Has age, but I have not cleaned it.

Thanks Bramblefind,

I posted this with my finds in todays finds and someone said it looks more like they are partying. The guy on the right seems to be toasting a glass instead of thrusting a sword.
 
Upvote 0
If i recall rightly it's based on part of a picture of Columbus landing in the Americas. Think it was also part of one states seal, but i forget which. Search "columbus landing" etc...there was a thread about this here not long ago.
 
Upvote 0
Dano Sverige said:
If i recall rightly it's based on part of a picture of Columbus landing in the Americas. Think it was also part of one states seal, but i forget which. Search "columbus landing" etc...there was a thread about this here not long ago.

I just did a search and I think this prompted me to find something that might help on another thread :D

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=403669
 
Upvote 0
That's the thread i meant lol. Doesn't really look the same now does it? Sorry...i get confused easily!! :'(
 
Upvote 0
Dano Sverige said:
That's the thread i meant lol. Doesn't really look the same now does it? Sorry...i get confused easily!! :'(

I see how you made that connection even though it might not work for this one - I'm happy you brought it up :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom