What's new

Some kind of seal?

metaldiggr

Full Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
166
Reaction score
728
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an early 1800's home site last week, found a 1809 half cent and this stuff. Is the crimped piece some sort of seal that you would put on the end of a bag or something?

20210410_165751.webp
 
The thing on the left???? I forget what that silver thing is but I find those from time to time, they sure sound good on my machine
 
Upvote 0
The blob on the left I'm pretty sure is lead, as is the musket ball. The crimped thing in the top right rings up as a wheat penny on my machine.
 
Upvote 0
The piece on the top right looks like an insert that would go in a piece of wood for a latch, etc ?
 
Upvote 0
The piece on the top right looks like an insert that would go in a piece of wood for a latch, etc ?

Hmmm, that's a possibility. It's crimped, looks like it was put on something, crimped then a tag was put on through the hole. In my mind, anyways.
 
Upvote 0
The top right...
I've seen those on the strings on dry salami.
Also on utilities meters.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom